FIRST BOOK – Book of the Covenant (Contract) First Mention. Proposal. Acceptance. Blood Ratified. Covenant Confirming Meal. (This was agreed to!)
- Ex.19:3-24:12 (Here we see the Book of the Covenant or “sepher brit” and that it was first mentioned in the story of the first Melchizedek Contract / Covenant that YHVH proposed and Israel agreed to.)
First Covenant (Contract) Broken
- Ex. 32:4, Deut. 9:16, Neh. 9:18, Act. 7:40-42 (Here we see Israel broke this contract with the Golden Calf incident. They broke Commandment #1 by having another god in his face. They broke Commandment #2 by making a graven image. They broke Commandment #3 by making his name invalid by speaking blasphemies that the calf had delivered them from Egypt. They broke Commandment #4 by creating a man-made set apart holy day. They broke Commandment #5 by not honoring their Father, YHVH.)
- Ex. 32:19 (Moses broke the stone tablets that YHVH wrote the Covenant on. This was symbolic of that first Contract being broken.)
Superior Contract (Covenant) Prophesied
- Ex. 34:1 (Here we see that the Covenant, the Royal Law that was written out in the first contract, was written out a second time on stone tablets that Moses brought him — symbolic of the future when we would bring Yah our hearts where he would write this law on our hearts and not on stone tablets. This would be the superior contract).
- Deut. 30:6, Jer. 31:31-34 (Here we see Yah’s prophecy of a new contract to come where our hearts would be the place he would write his law and empower us to keep it.)
- Heb. 8:6-13 (Here we see that this new contract would be superior to the first contract)
Second Book – Book of the Law First Mention (Placed outside Ark as a Witness Against Us. Imposed Law. No Proposal. No Acceptance. No blood Ratification. No Covenant-Confirming Meal. This was NOT agreed to.)
- Deut. 31:26 (Here we clearly see a second book that is completely different than the first book, the Book of the Covenent of Ex. 24. This second book was called the “sepher torah.” It was extra law and known as the Levitical law. It was placed OUTSIDE the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark have the 2nd tablets of stone in it. Why was this book on the OUTSIDE of the Ark and not on the INSIDE? This text says that it was outside witnessing against Israel — reminding them that the have this extra law because they broke the contract that was INSIDE the Ark of
the Covenant). This extra law was what was “opposed to us” and set “against us.”)
The “Until Clause” Showing an Impending Change to Come with he work of the Messiah
- Gen. 49:10–"The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."
- Numbers 24:17 – “I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel. He will crush the foreheads of Moab, the skulls o] all the people of Sheth."
What Changed at the Cross?
- Col 2:14 (Here we see that what was “opposed to us” and that was “against us” was nailed to the cross. It wasn’t want was INSIDE the Ark of the Covenant.)
- Gal 3:19 (Here we see that what was “opposed to us” and set “against us” was the Levitical law which was added due to transgressions. Transgressions against what? Transgression against the original Contract we see in Ex. 19-24)
Distinction Made between Laws and Priesthoods
- Gal. 3:10, Gal. 2:13-16 (Here we see that everyone who keeps the Law is under a curse. There were curses associated with the Levitical Law. There were no curses in the Melchizedek Covenant / Contract in Ex. 19-24. And we see that we are not justified by keeping this extra law)
- Gal 3:11-12 (Here we see that the righteous will live by faith. It was by faith that the Israelites agreed to the Contract proposed by YHVH back in Ex. 19-24. There was no “faith” required to keep the Levitical law — it was imposed due to transgression. It was not agreed to.)
- Heb. 7:11 (Here we see that perfection can’t be attained through the Levitical law. We see that there was a need for another priest to come in the order of Melchizedek)
- Heb. 7:12 (Here we see that a change in priests means a change in law. We must divide and discover what law he is talking about)
New High Priest Bringing Superior Contract
- Heb. 5:10 (Here we see our new High Priest, Yahshua is in the order of
- Heb. 7:14 (Here we see that Yahshua was from Judah and was not a Levite who served at the alter. So the law he would bring or that which would remain would not be associated with the Levites.)
- 1 John 3:4-6 (Here we see what sin is and that with Yahshua in us we won’t continue to sin. If we do then we do not have him in us.)
Something is Done Away with and Something Remains
- 2 Cor. 3:11 (Explaining the New Contract / Covenant here we see that something remains and it is glorious...we have to figure out what remains and what does not remain anymore)
YHVH, Himself divides between what He SPOKE and what He added later.
- Jer. 7:22-23 "For I did NOT speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, about the matters of ascending offerings or slaughterings. But this word I DID command them, saying obey My Voice, and I shall be your Elohim and you will be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, so that it will be well with you." (We see in this text that He said that He did NOT command Israel to make sacrifices and offerings when He spoke the Melchizedek Law from the mountain (making the distinction between the Melchizedek (spoken and covenant) and Levitical (added and not covenant). As Tawnya Bulger wrote, "Perhaps the slaughterings weren't ever required by Yah originally, but Israel's desire to worship as pagans did... [so] Yah gave them what they wanted – a system like the pagans and [at the same time provided] a way to keep them in the Covenant until Ye'shua restored the original Priesthood plan..."
Why is this Important?
- Rev. 22:14 (Here we see that it is only those who keep the commandments who are let into the city and Happily-Ever-After. So we can see that dividing the Word to discovering which commandments we are to keep is SUPER IMPORTANT!)